Ramit answers this exact question on the sales page. Here's his response:
"I'm extremely selective about who I allow into my programs because I'm in the enviable position of not needing to appeal to everyone — just the right people. I'd rather work with a small group of people who are committed to taking action than a large group of wantrepreneurs who are looking for the latest magic bullet.
Please read this carefully, because these rules are ironclad.
- You’re looking for a magic bullet (a program that spits out a million-dollar business) without putting in the challenging work of idea generation, validation, customer research, marketing, pricing, packaging, and positioning
- You don’t have a website now and want to make $250,000 by the time the course is over. Get-rich-quick schemers, please leave
- You already have a business or business idea, which is struggling, and you aren’t willing to change your idea. If you resist new advice, how can I help you?
- You’re simply looking for “motivation” and “inspiration.” I believe the most motivational thing you can do is get RESULTS, so while I’m friendly and supportive (or so I’ve been told), I’m ultimately concerned with your success, not if you “like” me
- You’re unemployed. The only exception is if you have more than enough in savings to comfortably join the course
- You have credit card debt. Sorry, your first duty is to pay it off. You will not be allowed in until you do, and if I find out you joined with CC debt, I will ban you from ever purchasing any of my products again. This rule has cost me millions of dollars over the last couple of years, but it’s the right thing to do. I’m not interested in opening this course to everyone — just the right people
- You’re ready to invest in yourself to build a successful online business
- You’re patient, deliberate, and methodical. You’re committed to spending the time to build a successful online business, and you know this will not happen overnight. You know that if you put in 5-10 hours a week and do the heavy lifting upfront, you can enjoy the rewards for years to come
- You’re looking for a SYSTEM, not random tactics
- You’re emotionally stable enough to weather the “ups and downs” of starting an online business. As New Edition said, “Can You Stand The Rain”?"